8/2/12

Beauty Bits: On My Face


"What is on your face?" - a thought I commonly have when meeting with or talking to people throughout the day.  Often this sentiment is reserved for some atrocious horror that may be lurking on some one's cheek or chin, but the motive behind my wonder is to know what makeup they are wearing.  So if I am allowing these thoughts to clutter my brain-sphere during the day, surely all of you must be lying awake at night just pondering what makeup is gracing my mug.  Well I'm gonna tell ya.  Now be forewarned, these choices are interchangeable depending on season, blogger recommendation or money just burning a darn hole in my wallet  But for now, these are in steady rotation - and I will share my thoughts on each. 

1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - love the texture, but in hopes of achieving a bronzed goddess effect this summer (what the heck was I thinking), I bought this in a shade too dark.  Sooooooo - I just use less and blend more. :)  Does keep me a little more oily in my t-zone due to its dewy nature, so I make sure powder is never more than an arm's reach away, duh - like any normal day.
2. Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in Fair - if you follow me on Instagram (and why are you not? @alittlebitetc) and read last month's favorites, you would know that I am just loving this product.  However, and it's a big one, it has a odd, grainy texture that takes some getting used to - so if you can get past this, it is pretty great.  Evens out my skin, keeps my oil at bay - solid.
3. Giorgio Armani Face Fabric in Shade 2 - been using this for quite a while and love the whipped texture.  It drys down to a powdery finish which is great for me and my oil!  (we go everywhere together, besties)
4. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector in Light/Medium - somewhat ambivalent about this product (shocking I know).  A little too dark for me so I tend to wear on weekends mixed with some moisturizer.  So-so.
5. Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet - It has been a while since I have worn a true foundation (the old me wouldn't recognize the new me, tsk, tsk, tsk), but I heard rave reviews about this.  It wears very well and does keep me matte, but offers much more coverage so I have moved this to my special occasion makeup pile.  Yes, there are piles. #nojudgement
6. Boscia BB Cream - received this in my July Birchbox, and have been wearing over the past week.  Enjoying it, hinges on a tad too dark, but as we all know that does not scare me off.  Dust a lighter powder on top to set, and all is kosher. 


Now that I have shared my face, kindly share yours.  What is on rotation in your makeup routine?

7 comments :

  1. Great post! I love the boscia one. I tend to prefer Nars stuff. Will be doing a post on it. I don't have oily skin though and kind of like medium coverage at times.

    nycmakeuplover1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try any NARS foundations so they are next on my list! Can't wait to see your post!

      Delete
  2. Does it happen to you too that you tell the makeup saleswoman you have oily skin and next thing they're doing is putting the cake-iest foundation they can find on you? I use Make Up Forever HD Foundation which isn't matte but it has good pigmentation and covers enough without being cake-y.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I am pretty good at navigating the cosmetics counter - secret about me that before my current job I worked in the cosmetics biz (retail side) for 10 yrs! So I trained my girls how to sell there so I am good at knowing their game when they try to help me :) Let me know if you ever need some advice on dealing with! LOL

      Delete
    2. Oh, it would be fun if you posted a blog on how you trained your SAs and how to navigate a sales counter.

      Delete
  3. Hi There...What a great idea for a post! I am stopping by from SITS...being even later than you were:) I have on my face a very light shade of MAC SPF 15.in NW20...I am very pale and this works for me:) But you know what? I left the area of expensive wrinkle creams and such a while back and jumped into the neutragena line! And I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear that shade as well! I am super fair as you can see from my photos- I haven't tried a MAC foundation in a while so you have inspired me to go back and check out! Stopped by your blog to say hello - for some reason I couldn't get it to refresh and follow through GFC so I am going to try again tomorrow!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...