12/2/16

Friday Finds

The holidays are in full swing, though I feel it was summer only yesterday. I have discovered some really fun things over the past few weeks, and I am also going to share a few gift ideas at the bottom of the post.

1. Let's first talk about the shoes in the above picture. YAS! I have been eyeing them for as long as I can remember, and they finally went on sale for Black Friday. While they are still pricey, I was comfortable splurging on them because they are a shoe that will never go out of style.

2. I didn't go overboard decorating the house because we still don't have that much furniture. However, I did buy a full size tree finally rather than just a mini one like we have in our old apt. This was the one I purchased and I am loving it. If you have a smaller space but still want a tall tree, this was another great option that I looked at.

3. I've shown my cleanse drink on Snapchat a few times, but I received a couple emails asking for the extra recipe/mixture. So here it is: 2 1/2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar (with mother), 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 lemon, a pinch of cayenne pepper and a pinch of cinnamon. I love the health benefits of apple cider vinegar, but the taste can be difficult to stomach. I found this recipe online and really enjoy it. One serving lasts me 2 days.

4. I was on a book reading frenzy earlier this season, but I read a book I didn't really like and it killed my mojo somewhat. However, I have been enjoying a new podcast! It's called Up and Vanished and if you like mysteries - this is one that you must listen to. It's a true story, and most of the investigation at this point is happening in real time which makes it even more exciting. Also, I finally just watched the entire season of Making a Murderer. Yup, it's so good.

5. In other show news, I have fallen in love with This is Us on NBC. And of course The Affair. I'm obsessed. When will Noah get his life together, right?!!!

6. I was recently sent this skincare device and am really curious about it. I haven't brought myself to use it yet even though I have tried and loved dermablading. I think I am nervous to do it on my own skin. But I will share my thoughts once I have tested it thoroughly.

7. Like many of you, I have a serious candle addiction. I LOVE candles. I have tried a ton of different brands, but this brand is still on my wishlist. I hear it is the best of the best.

8. Some dupe styles that I found recently that really impressed me: these boots that look very similar to these uber expensive Givenchy ones, and these OTK boots are one of the best dupes for the Stuart Weitzman Lowlands.

Below are some beauty sets that I personally would love to receive!  

Here are some home decor items that I thought would make great gifts!
Gift ideas for someone that may be hard to shop for!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...